Ojcow National Park, 20 km from Krakow city center.
Departure from Cracow, the trip consists: Bedkowska Valley + Wierzchowska Cave + Pradnik Valley
- Guide service in Polish or English (licensed Jurrasic guide) ~~ 650 PLN
- Other languages on request (different price). To book a tour in other languages contact me.
- Visiting Wierzchowska Cave with the internal English-speaking guide: 10 PLN/person (entrance tickets)
- Ojcow Castle (entrance tickets): 2,50 PLN/person.
- Transportation service paid extra.
Pradnik Valley (Ojcow National Park) The trip includes only the routes of The Ojcow National Park – it is more comprehensive visit than one presented above.
- A walk from Krakowska Gate to Ojcow village, then bus ride to Pieskowa Skala.
- In Ojcow, you can visit one of the Jurassic caves.
- Lokietek Cave – the longest cave of The Ojcow National Park. According to the legend, it was a hiding place of king Wladyslaw Lokietek during the fights for a throne.
- Ciemna Cave (Dark Cave) – a place of many archeological discoveries. Both caves are interesting examples of karst formations, where you can see stalactites, stalagmites and other drippings formed in many different shapes.
- You can also visit former health resort hotel “Pod Lokietkiem” with its bio-geological exhibition about the geology and wildlife of the valley and the influence of man’s activity on this area. Besides that, we will also pass between Ojcow and Krakowska Gate, visit the ruins of Casimir Castle in Ojcow, see the St. Joseph Chapel “On water” and the castle in Pieskowa Skala.
- Duration of the trip: 6-7 hours.
- During all the trip you will be accompanied by a local Jurrasic English-speaking licensed guide.
- Guide service in Polish or English (licensed Jurrasic guide): ~~ 650 PLN
- Other languages on request (different price). To book a tour in other languages, contact me.
- Visiting Lokietek Cave: 7,5 PLN/person (entrance tickets)
- Visiting Ciemna Cave: 6,5 PLN/person (entrance tickets)
- Ojcow Castle (entrance tickets): 2,50 PLN/person
- bio-geological exhibition: 10 PLN/person (booking in anticipation)
- Transportation service extra paid.
Wooden Architecture Route
The tour we especially recommend after visiting Krakow, Salt Mine, and Auschwitz. When you have visited the popular places of Lesser Poland and a time for relax comes, we especially recommend you this tour. You would detach yourself from the bustle and noise of the city. You can go and see the curiosities of the Pieniny mountains within one day which needn’t to be hasty at all. Recently, we went into Pieniny in person to check the route, attractions and Lesser Polish cuisine thoroughly. We have prepared a plan we publish here. We have checked all places in person with regard to services, quality, interests and practicality.
An all-day trip itinerary:
►8.00 am: departure from Krakow [on a minibus of varied size, air-conditioned and comfortable.
►about 10:00 am: sightseeing of the St. Michael the Archangel’s church in Debno [30 minutes]: a 14th-century church built without using nails which were a scarce and expensive commodity… but we will tell you the whole story when we get there… let’s go further.
►11:00 am: Ship cruise [5/10 PLN / person] from a harbour in Czorsztyn village [Pieniny National Park] across the Czorsztyńskie Lake, to the Niedzica castle
►11:30 am: Niedzica Castle – we will see the chambers of the castle that guarded the Dunajec border for many years [entry ticket to the Castle: 12 PLN] and a dam across the Dunajec river.
►1:30 – 3:30 pm: rafting on the Dunajec River [Pieniny National Park][ticket: 49 PLN/adult, 25 PLN/child]
Caution! Dress appropriately, put on some suntan lotion, take proper shoes, a sun hat and a raincoat in case.
►3:30 pm: Szczawnica village – dinner at a reliable restaurant [recommended meal: trout, potatoes, salads] or at a regional inn not far away from Szczawnica, where you would find peace and good food.
►6:00/7:00 pm: return to Krakow.
We propose 2 tour types:
⇒With a tour guide who is a walking repository of knowledge and would tell interesting stories… [more expensive version]
⇒You would be cared for by the driver/leader of the group. [cheaper version]
►Rafting season lasts from 1 April till 31 October every day except for two church holidays: Corpus Christi and the first day of Easter.
Szczawnica – total route’s length: app. 18 km, the time of the rafting route: app. 2 hours 15 min.